Custom Whole Home Water Filtration Systems from the Water Filtration Experts
Better taste, bigger benefits — whole home water filtration keeps your people hydrated, happy, and your house running smoothly.
From Livingston to Yates County, communities all over our area using untreated tap water can experience problems throughout the home. It might be the less-than-fresh taste, or dissolved minerals leaving behind residue on fixtures and taxing major appliances, the result is Lima water that can shorten the lifespan and plumbing, fixtures, while causing expensive problems in and around the home.
The solution? A whole home water filtration system that improves taste and quality, solving water problems before they enter your home. Whole home systems, also known as point-of-entry (POE) water filters, not only enhance water taste, they’re an important part of a more sustainable, energy efficient house.
A Home Water Assessment Just Became Easier Than Ever
Your local Culligan water expert can arrive at your home and give you the best options to suit your family, lifestyle and budget. But if you can’t see us — that’s ok too. Read more below.
At Home Appointments: Your local Culligan Water expert will arrive at your home, ask questions about your home’s water needs and discuss options that make the most sense to fit your family, lifestyle and budget.
Outdoor Water Test: If you have an outside spigot, Culligan will arrive at your home and collect a water sample from an outdoor water source using your directives.
Water Sample Pickup: Culligan will pick up a sample of your tap water at your front door based on your directives.
Customer Sample Drop-Off (fast results!): Drop off a sample of your tap water to your local Culligan Water dealership.
Culligan Virtual Appointments.
We can bring our fun, entertaining water demonstration through your screen right into your home with our virtual appointments! You can watch on your phone, laptop or tablet as your Culligan Water experts ask questions about your home’s water needs and discuss options that make the most sense to fit your family, lifestyle and budget.
Water Quality in Livingston, Monroe, Ontario, and Yates County
With drinking water coming from the local lakes, water requires many chemical and treatment steps to ensure water is safe to drink. And while this process keeps our communities safe, it can sometimes leave the taste, smell, and overall quality of our tap water less than its best.
It’s also not uncommon for homes to see the stubborn, white buildup on faucets that comes from hard water and the staining or discoloration on sinks and around fixtures from dissolved minerals in tap water. These untreated water problems can not only be unpleasant, they can cause often unnoticed problems in your home, from plumbing and fixtures to major appliances.
Whole Home Water Filtration Solutions
Whole home water filters are designed and customized to solve the water quality problems specific to your home, and your neighborhood. Filtering water at the source with specialized water treatment technology keeps hard, poor quality water from reaching your home’s plumbing and appliances, saving you money every month by reducing your utility bill and the amount of detergents and cleaners needed to keep your home running smoothly. Whole home systems also provide fresher, better-tasting water that works more efficiently everywhere in your home.
Benefits of Whole Home Filtration
- Reduce utility bills and help appliances last longer, with more efficient, filtered water.
- Enjoy improved taste and quality when contaminants like chlorine, calcium, iron, and more are removed from your water.
- Keep skin, hair, and nails feeling, and looking, better with softer water that helps lock in moisture.
- Keep clothes looking new, longer, with filtered water that helps protect laundry.
- Save on dish soap, detergents, shampoos, and cleaning products you use all over the house with filtered water that works more efficiently.
The Culligan Difference
We’ve worked with water for as long as we have, it’s given us a unique advantage that enables us to understand the water issues our neighbors face. It’s also local expertise that allows us to find the best ways to address those issues, while providing a total home solution that works for each home and its water.
- All Culligan products include professional installation and routine maintenance to ensure maximum efficiency for the life of your whole home filter.
- We test your water for free, help you identify water issues, and work with you for a custom, whole home water filtration system to solve your specific water problems.
- Whole home water filter questions? Your Lima Culligan Dealer is always just a call or click away.
- Culligan’s selection includes a variety of hard-working, high-efficiency whole home water filtration systems so we can tailor a water filter solution that works everywhere you need it to.
Learn more about the home benefits of a Culligan® Whole House Water Filter!
Hard water is the result of mineral buildup in your city or well water, most commonly from calcium and lime. The signs of hard water are not always obvious, but can have detrimental effects on your home. Soap scum and stains are two of the most visible problems associate with hard water. Let your Culligan Man recommend which water softener is right for your home!
Hard water will clog your pores, leaving your skin dry and itchy. Your hair can also become damaged and unmanageable due to hard water. Let your Culligan Man recommend which water softener is right for your home!
Calcium and Magnesium in your water can cause your laundry to become stiff or hard. A Culligan Water Softener will not only make your water softer, but also reduce your detergent use. Let your Culligan Man recommend which water softener is right for your home!
Soap Scum/Lime Buildup
Soap scum and lime build up are the residues that you see left behind on faucets, in your tub and in your sinks. It’s caused by hard water and can be damaging to your pipes and fixtures. Let your Culligan Man recommend which water softener is right for your home!
Spots on Glass/Cloudy Glassware
Hard water will leave your glasses spotted and dirty looking even when they come straight out of the dishwasher. Let your Culligan Man recommend which water softener is right for your home!
Total Dissolved Solids (TDS)
Total dissolved solids include a wide range of organic and inorganic compounds found in your water such as nitrates, chloride and phosphates. Culligan has a customized treatment solution based off of the TDSs found in your water, and can recommend the perfect solution for your home.
Invisible to the naked eye, your home’s water could contain bacteria
- Whether the bacteria comes from the source or old pipes, it could make it to your home’s water
- Not all bacteria are dangerous, but why take a risk? Find out what’s in your with a Free Water Test.
Does your tap water taste bad? If so, there could be contaminants such as chlorine or sulfur in your water. Let Culligan recommend a drinking water solution for your home.
Chlorine is one of the most commonly used water disinfectants use by water companies. However, it can leave an unpleasant taste in your water when it reaches your home. Let your Culligan Man recommend which water solution is right for your home!
Water that tastes salty could be caused by sulfate concentration levels and geographic tendencies. Luckily, Culligan can remove the salty taste from your water. Let your Culligan Man recommend which water solution is right for your home!
Bitter tasting water is often caused when the pH of your water is out-of-sync. Culligan has the equipment to fix the bitterness in your water. Let your Culligan Man recommend which water solution is right for your home!
Arsenic can occur natural or is a byproduct of agricultural industry. In some cases, high arsenic levels can have negative effects on your health. Let your Culligan Man recommend a water solution to correct your arsenic problem.
Every liquid has a pH, including your home’s water
- Whether the pH is too high or too low, it can have damaging affects on your water
Iron is one of the most common types of problem water and can leave your fixtures and tubs with rust stains. Culligan has solutions geared towards removing the iron from your water. Find out which solution is right for your home!
Self explanatory, blue and green stains in your tubs and sinks
- Often caused by low pH levels in your water
Water should be clear, if not why would you drink it?
- The only way to find out what’s making your water the wrong color is with a water analysis
- Did you know Culligan offers a Free Water Analysis?
If your laundry is coming out of the washer with stains, it could be your water
- Iron is just one of the possible reasons for your water damaging your clothes
- Don’t ruin your favorite shirt, get your water tested!
Water may smell musty or sometimes described as fishy
- This can be caused by iron and copper in your home’s water
Get your water tested to determine what’s causing your water to smell
Culligan® Whole House Filter Overview
Get cleaner water from every tap, every faucet, and in every room with the Culligan® Total Home Water Conditioner. Our hardworking two-in-one solution provides cleaner, softer Culligan water everywhere you want, with the added benefit of filtering out unpleasant contaminants like chlorine.*
Explore customizable filtration solutions designed to suit all kinds of whole-house needs, from hard water problems like stubborn soap scum and residue, to bitter taste or chlorine odors. A whole-house water filter from Culligan treats your problem water directly at the source, so you enjoy the benefits of cleaner, fresher water from every faucet. Culligan has 80 years of experience with all types of problem water so you can have peace of mind that your family’s water is in good hands with your local Culligan.
Culligan® Whole House Filter Specifications
- Non-corrosive control valve designed to deliver years of reliable service
- ACCUSOFT® Microprocessor offers worry-free operation of your whole-house filter, even in power outages
- Dubl-Safe brine refill valve provides peace of mind during refill
- CUL-FLO-VALV® makes operation easy
- Guest Cycle recharge option generates an extra supply of filtered water with the touch of a button
- CULLEX® resin provides maximum capacity, stability, and long-lasting operation
- Quadra-Hull® Tank delivers dependable operation thanks to multiple layers of construction
- High-grade quartz underbedding distributes water evenly, maximizing water flow
FAQ About Culligan® Whole House Filter Systems
1. What are the benefits of the Quadra-Hull® tank?
Culligan’s Quadra-Hull® tank is one of the strongest water tanks available on a water softener. The exclusive four-layer construction of the Quadra-Hull® tank provides more protection than industry standard fiberglass and metal tanks. This design makes them impervious to rust and corrosion and they are UV resistant. Culligan's Quadra-Hull® tanks offer a limited lifetime warranty on the tank and internal components.
2. What is filtered water?
Filtered water typically refers to water that has gone through a filtration process to reduce the amount of iron, hydrogen sulfide, aesthetic chlorine taste or odor, as well as microorganisms such as cryptosporidium and giardia.
Water filtration involves separating mineral particles, like particulates, iron, hydrogen sulfide, or organic matter, from the water molecule (H2O). By passing water through a "filter bed," or "media bed," these granular particles are trapped, allowing the cleaner water to pass through.